Marilyn Cornwell Blog
Gardener and photographer living in Grimsby Ontario in the heart of Niagara's wine country.
Speaking Engagements & Upcoming Events
The Romantic Garden
Join my Photo of the Day
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Science We Can Do
It is Thanksgiving in the U.S. this Thursday, and in a month from now we'll be celebrating Christmas Eve.
Between now and then, we have an opportunity to explore some 'interesting stuff'. Here's a question I found just waiting for us:
What are some neat science experiments I can do with my
3 year old
- ice + water and then ice+water +lots of salt for freezing point depression
- Put yeast and sugar and water in a tube with a balloon over the top and watch it expand then make bread
- boil red cabbage and use it as a PH indicator with vinegar or lemon juice and baking soda solution (base)
- make oobleck from cornstarch
Oobleck: The Dr. Seuss Science Experiment
- if you have old pipes/guttering build a track out of them and watch water flow (colour the water and watch how the colour changes as it mixes)
That will keep us busy for a day or so...
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
3 years old
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)