Marilyn Cornwell Blog
Gardener and photographer living in Grimsby Ontario in the heart of Niagara's wine country.
Join my Photo of the Day
The Romantic Garden
From Snapshot to Great Shot
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Science We Can Do
It is Thanksgiving in the U.S. this Thursday, and in a month from now we'll be celebrating Christmas Eve.
Between now and then, we have an opportunity to explore some 'interesting stuff'. Here's a question I found just waiting for us:
What are some neat science experiments I can do with my
3 year old
- ice + water and then ice+water +lots of salt for freezing point depression
- Put yeast and sugar and water in a tube with a balloon over the top and watch it expand then make bread
- boil red cabbage and use it as a PH indicator with vinegar or lemon juice and baking soda solution (base)
- make oobleck from cornstarch
Oobleck: The Dr. Seuss Science Experiment
- if you have old pipes/guttering build a track out of them and watch water flow (colour the water and watch how the colour changes as it mixes)
That will keep us busy for a day or so...
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
3 years old
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)